Genre proposal

Amarlis Vazquez

Prof. Peele & Geoghan

FIQWS 10080

16 April 2019

Genre Proposal

For my first genre, I will be creating a poster. In my poster will be an image of the football team, Redskins, logo. The difference between their logo and the one I will draw is that mine will have a tear rolling down their face with the words “it’s okay, we’re honoring you” below it. This will showcase that the Native Americans didn’t want the Redskin’s to put them as a logo for their team. The phrase below the logo represents the obnoxious and close minded view points of the people who agree with the team name and logo. 

The second genre would be a 3D animation. There are two storylines that I’d like to think will work very well. The first would be of the image that was captured to create the Redskin’s logo. A Native American man would go up to a white wallpaper, where a white man is telling him,” Don’t worry, it’s for a good cause. The Redskin’s will use this image to honor you!”. The Native American man will turn to the side as the other man will take a photo of him. The second storyline will be of a sort of fan of the Redskin’s in a costume. A headband full of feather, a red jersey with red paint on his face. The fan is dancing around a football stadium, yelling different noises. The people, other fans, are cheering him on. Both of these storylines just capture 1. The carelessness people have and 2. How ridiculous a supporter of the redskin’s look. 

The last genre would be a parody version of the Redskin’s anthem. The original song is named “Hail to the Redskins”. Instead of the typical lyrics, it would change to go against the creators of the song. Instead of “victory” and “braves”, it would be “cultural appropriation” and “cowards”. It will mock the Redskins and what they think of themselves. 
Audience Strategy: The genres are targeting toward the Redskins misrepresentation of Native Americans and its cultures. In the scenarios, it talks about people mimicking Native American culture and clothing and taking Native Americans photo as their logo. The strategy that is used is making fun of the redskin’s anthem and making it obvious that the Native Americans are not fond of the Redskins logo. They could make the audience aware of this audience by posting this online but also contact organizations that agree with the genres and spread them around.